When it comes to conversation starters and things to talk about, it can be a challenge coming up with questions to ask your girlfriend. Good communication is the foundation of strong relationships and having things to talk about with your girlfriend can help you bond. If you need help getting a conversation flowing, then asking questions might be the best way to get her talking.
Whether you’ve been dating for weeks and want romantic things to say or have been together for a while and need to spice it up with dirty topics, there are many good questions to consider. Some guys may want to ask deep questions to learn more about a girl, while others may prefer cute and fun topics to keep a date night interesting.
To inspire you with ideas, we’ve compiled a list of questions to ask your girlfriend. From dirty and sexual to cute and romantic, explore these things to talk about with your girlfriend to find good questions and interesting topics that will help you get to know her.
- 1 Dirty Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend
- 2 Good Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend
- 3 Cute Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend
- 4 Romantic Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend
- 5 Interesting Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend
- 6 Deep Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend
- 7 Intimate Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend
- 8 Serious Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend
- 9 Fun Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend
- 10 Random Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend
- 11 Personal Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend
- 12 Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend
Dirty Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend
If you want to know what turns her on, dirty questions to ask your girlfriend can help you take your sex life to the next level. Some truth questions may get her blushing and nervous, while others may have her teasing and flirting with you. Whether you want to create that spark or explore her freaky side, these sexual questions may be used to pleasure her in bed.
- What do you like in bed?
- What are you wearing right now?
- Do you like giving and/or receiving oral sex?
- What gives you the strongest orgasm?
- Do you own a vibrator?
- Do you like it fast, slow, hard, deep, rough and/or romantic?
- Are you loud in bed?
- What’s your favorite sensation?
- What turns you on the most?
- Have you joined the mile high club?
- What do you fantasize about?
- What kind of dirty talk do you like?
- What’s your most embarrassing sexual experience?
- Do you like watching porn? If so, what kind of porn do you watch?
- Where’s the weirdest place you’ve ever had sex?
- What is your favorite sexual position?
- What’s the best sex you’ve ever had?
- Have you ever had anal sex?
- Would you rather have a quickie or marathon?
- Do you masturbate and how often?
- Are you submissive or dominant in bed?
- Have you ever been attracted to a woman? If yes, have you ever acted on it?
- What are your thoughts on penis size?
- Do you find men in uniform hot?
- Have you ever made a booty call?
- If we were out to dinner and I said I wanted to have sex right now, what would you do?
- What’s the most sex you’ve had in a day?
- Have you ever made a sex tape?
- Do you have any fetishes?
- Would you go to a strip club?
- What’s the hottest quality a partner can have?
- What is your least favorite sexual position?
- How many people have you slept with?
- What’s your favorite part of my body?
- Have you ever gone skinny dipping?
- Would you ever have group sex?
- Have you ever had a one-night stand?
- Have you ever hooked up with someone you work with?
- If you could sleep with any celebrity, who would it be?
- Do you like to be spanked?
Good Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend
Whether you’re dating someone new or going out for date night with your long-term partner, asking good questions can help you get to know her on a deeper level. The best questions to ask your girlfriend allow you to understand her better, address her needs more fully, and be a good boyfriend.
- What foreign country would you love to live in?
- What’s the most important thing you learned from your parents?
- When was the first time you looked at me and realized that you were in love with me?
- What’s your favorite song and movie?
- What is your favorite way to relax?
- What is your favorite gift to get?
- Do you like having a schedule or do you prefer to go with the flow?
- Do you prefer the beach, mountains or countryside?
- What is your favorite flower?
- When do you feel the freest?
- Where would you like to take a road trip to?
- What skills have you worked hard to master?
- What’s your favorite cuisine or food?
- What is your dream job?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What do you think are my best qualities?
- What do you look for in a relationship?
- Do you feel loved, understood and appreciated in our relationship?
- What are your biggest pet peeves?
- What is the most courageous thing you have ever done?
- How do you measure success?
- What are you most attracted to about me?
- If our relationship ended, what would you miss the most?
- What was the hardest thing that you ever had to get through as a kid?
- Do you want to have kids?
- How close are you to your family?
- How long was your longest relationship?
- Are you friends with your exes?
- Have you ever been cheated on or have you ever cheated on a partner?
- If you could change one thing about me and the way I treat you, what would you change?
Cute Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend
When you want to lighten the mood and make her smile, finding cute questions to ask your girlfriend can be a great way to start a conversation. Some truths are sweet and can help her fall in love with you, while others are flirty and may result in a hot night. From romantic road trips to fun date nights, you can talk about these cute things to deepen your connection. Perfect for new and long-term relationships, your girlfriend will be happy to answer these adorable questions.
- Do you remember the first time we met?
- When did you fall in love with me?
- When did you want to kiss me?
- What’s your best memory of us together?
- What is something I did that made you laugh really hard?
- What did you feel after our first kiss?
- Do you think we are soul mates?
- Where would you like to go on a date with me?
- What is the best thing you like about me?
- When you were a kid, what did you imagine your life would be like as an adult?
- What is the best way to wake up?
- What is your favorite playground game?
- Have you ever received a random act of kindness?
- What is your favorite children’s book?
- Which do you like better: giving or receiving gifts?
- What movie can you quote the most lines from?
- What was your favorite toy as a kid?
- Who was the best teacher you ever had?
- What is the best compliment you have ever received?
- What sounds or smells bring you comfort?
- Has anyone ever thrown you a surprise party?
- What is your idea of the perfect birthday?
- Do you trust me with your whole heart?
- What do you look forward to the most when you think about getting old?
- What is our funniest memory together?
Romantic Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend
When it comes to sweet topics, these romantic questions to ask your girlfriend will bring you closer and help you create intimate conversations. Talking about your relationship can make your partner happy and excited to be with someone who values commitment, loyalty and love. Whether you’re in a fresh relationship or have been dating for years, these love questions can make all the difference to her.
- What makes you feel sexy?
- What’s something you’d like to do with me that we haven’t done yet?
- What’s the first thing that came to your mind the first time you saw me?
- What kind of wedding would you want?
- Which song makes you think of me?
- Would you want to meet my parents?
- How do you like to celebrate anniversaries?
- What kind of lingerie do you like?
- What made you fall for me?
- What’s your favorite love language? (touch, gifts, words, etc.)
- How would you want to raise our children?
- What is your idea of a romantic honeymoon?
- How would you describe our relationship?
- What is the most romantic memory of us you have?
- Were you ever swept off your feet by a romantic gesture?
- What is it I have to do to keep you in my life forever?
- What can I do to make your life better?
- How would you describe our perfect night together?
- What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done for love?
- What’s your favorite thing that we do together?
- If we could run away right now, where would you want to go?
- What makes you feel safe and protected when we’re together?
- What are the things that remind you of me?
- How can I be a better man for you?
- Do you think it’s possible to be too in love with someone?
Interesting Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend
If you want to hear cool and funny stories, you’ll want to ask your girlfriend interesting questions that allow her to show off her personality and humor. From hobbies to passions, interesting topics can create fluid conversations that flow, making communication effortless and easy. These amazing questions to ask will help you avoid dull moments and never run out of things to talk about.
- Which is more important to you: to be happy or successful?
- What’s on your bucket list?
- Who out of my friends do you like the most (and why)?
- If I could only make you one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What do you cherish most about your childhood?
- Would you rather have stability or adventure?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever gotten?
- Do you believe in karma, fate, destiny or serendipity?
- What’s something you’ve never told anyone else?
- When was the last time you cried and why?
- Would you help me bury a body or turn me in?
- What is the best date we have ever had?
- How do you think your friends see you?
- Do you think you’re decisive or indecisive?
- What is the best quality you like in people?
- What do you think is your most underappreciated quality?
- What’s the cutest thing anyone has ever done for you?
- Have you ever been in a fight?
- What easily turns you on?
- How do you cope with people who disagree with you?
- Is it better to be loved, admired, or respected?
Deep Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend
When developing a serious relationship with a girl you really like, asking personal questions can help you keep the conversation going and get to know her. These deep questions will allow you to find out if you have similar values and want the same things in life.
- What do you think was your most vulnerable moment in our relationship?
- When was your last serious relationship?
- Do you find it hard to trust people?
- What is your idea of being happily married?
- If you found out you were pregnant right now, how would you react?
- If I had to move halfway across the world, would you come with me?
- Who was your first true love?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of our relationship?
- How did you feel the first time we kissed?
- Do you have any regrets in life?
- Would you leave your children an inheritance? If so, how much to avoid them becoming spoiled brats?
- What do you wish your parents did differently raising you?
- Do you think that we can have a beautiful future together?
- What was the scariest thing you’ve ever had to do or overcome?
- What are your greatest fears about our relationship?
- What’s something you wish you could change about yourself?
- Who’s been the biggest influence on your life and decisions?
- What motivates you the most in your personal and professional life?
- What gives you the most adrenaline?
- What’s your worst habit?
Intimate Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend
When it comes to sharing candid thoughts and genuine feelings, there are many intimate questions to ask your girlfriend that will set the mood. These topics can help develop intimacy with your partner, tightening your bond and allowing you to understand them on a deeper level.
- What did you notice about me first?
- What is one thing you would never want to change about yourself?
- Do you usually have a type? How did I fit with this type?
- When you tell other people about me, what do you say?
- How often do you think we should be having sex?
- What is one deep thing you have learned from me?
- What do you do to make me happy that you really don’t like doing?
- How can I keep the physical intimacy between us strong throughout the day, outside of the bedroom?
- What is your favorite sexual memory of us so far?
- Does our relationship define true love?
- What was your first sexual experience like?
- Would you rather receive a gift or have someone do something nice for you to show their love?
- What would you want me to tell other people about you?
- Do you feel comfortable initiating sex?
- How many serious relationships have you had in the past?
- What was going through your mind on our first date?
- Do you have any doubts about our love lasting?
- Do you prefer thoughtful gifts or something more practical?
- Have you been in love in the past?
- How do you like to be complimented?
- Were you looking for a relationship when we found each other?
- What stands out as something good that has happened to you within the past month?
- What is your biggest insecurity about your physical appearance?
- If your house were on fire and your loved ones were safe, but you had time to save one possession from home, what would you choose?
- If I had a life-changing career opportunity across the country, would you pack up your life and move with me?
Serious Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend
If you’re in a long-term relationship and want to connect on a deeper level, there are some serious questions you should ask your girlfriend that will prepare you for the future. Before investing more into a partner, you should use these deep topics to understand her expectations and how she feels about you. Even when you’re convinced she’s in love with you, you’ll want to discuss these intimate things and personal topics to get clarity.
- What are the things I do that annoy you?
- How did you know that you wanted to be with me?
- What is something you have always wanted to tell me but couldn’t?
- What do you love most about your life so far?
- How do you want our relationship to be different than your parents’ relationship?
- What’s the biggest misconception people have about you?
- What makes you jealous and how do you handle your jealousy?
- What’s something you have done that you would never tell your parents about?
- Is there anything about you that you haven’t felt comfortable telling me?
- Do you think a relationship can come back from cheating?
- What did you learn about yourself during COVID?
- Were there any beliefs your parents had that you grew to reject as an adult?
- What are the things I do that you appreciate?
- Have you ever been to therapy?
- What’s the biggest risk you’ve taken?
- Do you hold onto grudges or prefer to let go and forgive small things?
- What is something important you’ve learned from another couple?
- If you could correct one of my flaws, what would you fix?
- What is one thing that you think is unforgivable in a relationship?
- What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done?
- What makes you irrationally angry?
- Have you ever snooped on a partner?
- How often do you clean your apartment?
- Have you ever been in a verbally or physically abusive relationship?
- Have you ever struggled with addiction?
Fun Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend
Use these fun questions to ask your girlfriend to make her laugh, keep things interesting and generally ensure she’s enjoying the relationship. Interesting conversation topics are a great way to showcase your sense of humor while avoiding awkward silences. Just remember that there is a difference between being fun and being creepy. Experiment with these hilarious questions to find things that will make her laugh and fall deeper in love with you.
- If the house was on fire, what three things would you save?
- Guess what I like about you the most?
- If you could be a guy for a day, what’s the first thing you’d do?
- What is the wildest thing you’ve ever done?
- What’s the worst and funniest pick-up line you have heard?
- Who was your favorite cartoon character as a child?
- What’s your opinion on kissing in public?
- What would be the one superpower you’d want to have?
- What are things you like to do alone?
- Who knows you best?
- What’s your opinion on manscaping?
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
- Are you a shower or bath kind of girl?
- If you had to give up one sense, which would it be?
- What’s your favorite daydream to have?
- If you could ask me anything, what would it be?
- If you had a billion dollars, what would you do with it?
- What is the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you?
- What’s the cutest compliment that you have ever received from a guy or girl?
- If animals could talk, which animal would you most like to have a conversation with?
- What subject would you like to learn more about?
- Do you prefer boxers or briefs on a guy?
- What do you think would happen if we were stuck in a room for 24 hours together?
- Do you prefer a ripped body or a dad-bod?
- If you were to make a YouTube channel, what would it be about?
Random Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend
If you’re running out of things to talk about with your girlfriend, use these random questions to start an interesting conversation. Asking weird and unique questions can keep the relationship fresh, resulting in new stories you haven’t heard before.
- Is there someone you haven’t spoken to in a long time that you miss?
- What’s one thing that makes you feel like a little girl again?
- What’s your favorite thing about being a girl?
- Do you prefer a passionate kiss or a long warm hug?
- Are you OCD about anything?
- Who is an inspiration in your life?
- What is your dream car?
- Would you give your life to save mine?
- What’s the most romantic movie you have ever seen?
- Would you date a man who’s separated from his wife?
- Have you ever found someone attractive who you really shouldn’t?
- What’s the most regretful purchase you’ve ever made?
- What’s the most outrageous outfit you’ve ever worn?
- What movie made you cry the hardest?
- What’s the strangest thing that’s ever happened to you?
- Do you hoard anything?
- Why do you think guys are so interested in butts and boobs?
- What’s the weirdest food you’ve ever eaten?
- Would you rather have a lot of money or find true love?
- If you were invisible for a day, what would you do first?
- What’s the last lie you told anyone?
- Which children’s show did you watch way past an “appropriate” age?
- How would you feel about dating a dumb, hot guy?
- What’s your spirit animal?
- What personality trait gets you in the most trouble?
Personal Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend
Personal questions can help you spark a deep conversation and get to know your girlfriend better, resulting in a closer bond. These thoughtful questions to ask will show a girl you care to learn more and are willing to invest in her.
- Are you religious or spiritual?
- Do you have any mental health issues?
- How open are you to exploring new things in the bedroom?
- What’s your credit score?
- Would you take care of your parents when they get older and retire?
- What is the craziest dream you can remember?
- What do you do as a girlfriend that you wouldn’t do as a wife?
- How do you feel about adopting a child?
- What do you regard as infidelity and how would you deal with it?
- How much do you want to maintain your individuality while cohabiting?
- What is our top priority as a couple?
- If you could pick a new first name, what would it be?
- Have you ever been obsessed with someone?
- What is your philosophy on life?
- What’s one crime you would commit if there were no consequences?
- What was your first thought this morning?
- When sad or upset, what food helps change your mood?
- If you could ask any question to anyone in the world right now, what would it be, and who are you asking?
- How do you want to be remembered after death?
- If time travel were possible, where would you go in history and why?
Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend
Likes and Dislikes
Figuring out her likes and dislikes won’t just reveal plenty about her personality, but it will keep you in her good books as you’ll know what behaviors to avoid. Starting with basic topics like food, Christmas gifts and turn-offs is great, but you can spice things up by asking what she likes and dislikes about you as a person.
If you have a good relationship, she might playfully tease you about your obsessive morning workouts or desire to wash every dish as soon as it hits the sink. It’s worth taking any comments on board, regardless of how crazy they may seem. Not only will knowing about her favorite things make your bond stronger, but you can avoid pushing her buttons if you know what she hates.
Life and Career Goals
When it comes to important questions, you’ll want to ask your girlfriend about her life and career goals. Any woman worth her salt will have personal and professional goals that she hopes to accomplish. Talking about her career aspirations will show you what she’s passionate about, but it will also enable you to support her more effectively when she starts venting about a difficult boss that keeps assigning her menial tasks.
This is also a perfect time to discuss important family goals. If you’re completely against having kids and she reveals that she wants a whole brood, you may want to reassess your compatibility to avoid a painful breakup later. You must be both on the same page when it comes to life goals, as no successful partnership has two people on completely different trajectories. The more open she is about her future, the easier it’ll be to figure out how you slot into the picture.
Favorite Foods, Music and Movies
When you’re out on date night and enjoying your time together, asking your girlfriend about her passions and preferences can get the conversation going. There’s nothing better than kicking back with takeout, having a dance party to a great playlist, or watching your all-time favorite movie on repeat. Talking to your girlfriend about what food, music and movies she likes is a great way to see whether you have similar interests and styles. She doesn’t need to share your undying love for Die Hard, but it’s a good conversation starter if you both like action movies.
If you have completely different interests, it doesn’t need to be a deal-breaker. Instead, allow her to introduce you to the things she enjoys. You might not see eye-to-eye on everything, but there’s a chance you’ll both discover something new that you love.
A person’s hobbies make them who they are, so let her talk about what she likes to do in her spare time. If she mentions that she loves music or art, encourage her to discuss her favorite artists. As talk turns to your hobbies, use the opportunity to reveal parts of yourself that she may not know about. She’ll likely find this hidden side of you appealing, and finding out what you each like to do in your free time will bring up plenty of potential date ideas. If either of you has given up on a particular hobby recently, encourage each other to give it another whirl.
If your relationship is still fresh, don’t make her feel as though she’s being interrogated. It’s tempting to find out as much as you can about how she chooses to spend her leisure time, but keep all conversation light, respond enthusiastically to what she shares and you’ll be good to go.
Her Friends and Social Life
Her friends are some of the most important people in her life and learning more about these people can show that you’re interested in developing a long-term relationship. You needn’t tag along to every hangout session with her friends but discussing the latest developments in her social life gives you a better idea of who she is as a person. Whether she wants to turn to you for friendship advice or gossip about the latest scandal within her group, be ready to lend an ear.
You’ll want to know more about her friends and social life before meeting her besties. If you know their history and interests, you can make the best first impression, keep the conversation flowing and avoid troublesome topics.
Traveling and Destinations
There’s nothing better than a romantic getaway, so why not set some travel plans in motion by discussing your dream destinations? Whether you’ve already taken several trips together or are eagerly planning your first one as a couple, throwing out vacation ideas is a solid conversation starter.
Depending on how spontaneous you are, you might want to book a surprise romantic getaway to her top vacation destination. Before doing so, gauge her opinion on luxury vs. budget accommodation options and her preferred mode of travel. There’s nothing worse than being dragged on a camping road trip when you’d rather collapse into a hotel bed after a flight.
Her childhood can help you understand how she grew up, the life lessons she may have learned and how she became the woman she is today. Your girlfriend may share life-changing events, funny stories and embarrassing moments, making this deep and personal topic a great way to bring you closer.
Does she have an old swing set that she used to push her siblings on? Maybe she has a special place in her heart for watching Saturday afternoon cartoons with her dad. While a simple conversation topic, childhood memories may help you understand each other’s past experiences and can tell you a lot about family relationships.
If you don’t know much about her family dynamic, it’s best to tread lightly. A girl that immediately closes off and doesn’t offer much information on this front may not have had the rosiest childhood, so read the room and step back from this topic until later. If she speaks fondly of her time growing up, let her talk! You’ll also want to share your own stories to gain her trust and build intimacy.
Funny and Embarrassing Moments
Nothing breaks the ice like funny and embarrassing stories. Whether you two are on your first or fiftieth date, sharing anecdotes to make each other laugh is foolproof. If you’re particularly accident-prone or find your big mouth gets you into trouble, you probably have a selection of stories to choose from. Funny stories are a fantastic way to calm things down if you’ve been discussing deeper topics which can sometimes bring the mood down.
Shy girls may be unwilling to share their goofy side until they’re more comfortable around you. If she’s reluctant to reveal her most embarrassing stories, simply wait until she’s ready. When you finally break down that barrier, be prepared for a raucous story or two! Until then, keep bombarding her with your own embarrassing tales to keep the mood fun and exciting.
Discuss Your Future Together
Talking about your future together is both romantic and practical, making it one of the top discussion points for any couple. Once you’ve discussed your individual plans, figure out how you’ll fit into each other’s lives in the next five or ten years. If she sees herself as a high-flying career woman and you want to be settled with a family, it may hint at fundamental incompatibilities.
There’s no need to decide on exactly what you’ll be doing together down the line, but if one of you views your relationship as a casual fling and the other is hearing wedding bells, it may be time to have a serious discussion. You can’t guarantee that things will turn out the way you plan but having a decent idea of any future steppingstones can be useful when it comes to managing expectations. If you’re not ready to delve into the topics of marriage and kids quite yet, discuss your dream house or plans for retirement to keep things casual.
Romantic and Dirty Thoughts
Not all conversations with your girlfriend need to be PG. If you want to take a date to the next level and keep things exciting, add some romantic and dirty thoughts into the mix. You can either discuss your mutual turn-ons and what you like in bed or keep things sweet with loving compliments.
Not everyone likes talking dirty in public, so be careful how you approach this topic of conversation. You can usually tell how your girlfriend is responding to this by checking out her body language. If she leans in and encourages you to keep going, you’re all good. If she blushes, stiffens or looks uncomfortable, you may want to continue the conversation in private.